“To find your creative muse you have to go to a place within yourself where no one else has ever been. Experiment, brake the rules, make mistakes, grow and most of all ... Have fun while doing it! Don't wait for inspiration to come to you .. go out and find it.Never loose the child within you because within the child you will find your imagination. Be creative and be inspired and you will live a life filled with wonderful creative blessings."

Please visit my new blog.

Please visit my new blog.
Get inspired and learn an easy way to keep an art journal.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

24 February 2009

I am still working on my altered books and the other day I was busy cutting a piece of fabric to use in one of my pages and that brought me to the idea of creating a book with fabric pages. I first decided how big I wanted the book to be and then cut a few rectangular pieces exactly the same size. I then folded my rectangular pieces in half and stacked them on top of each other, threaded a needle with strong thread and started sewing all the pages together. I took a picture to show how the pages look from the side to give a rough idea of how I did it. I am calling it my little book of life and each page will represent something that reminds one of what life is all about. I plan to decorate it with a lot of embroidery and different stitches. We will see how it goes ! I will post my pages as I finish them. Here are the first one as well as a picture of the side of the book as described above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails