“To find your creative muse you have to go to a place within yourself where no one else has ever been. Experiment, brake the rules, make mistakes, grow and most of all ... Have fun while doing it! Don't wait for inspiration to come to you .. go out and find it.Never loose the child within you because within the child you will find your imagination. Be creative and be inspired and you will live a life filled with wonderful creative blessings."

Please visit my new blog.

Please visit my new blog.
Get inspired and learn an easy way to keep an art journal.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Human Eye in Watercolor

Practicing to paint an eye in watercolor and black  marker from my Watercolor Journal. I started with a light pencil sketch last night and then did a basic wash over the pencil sketch keeping in mind where I would like the highlights to be and taking care not to paint over those areas.  During my lunch hour today I continued with more washes and I have just finished this eye a few minutes ago by adding another wash and then finally used my black artist permanent marker to add accent strokes as well as the eye lashes. I also used a white marker very sparingly to add touches of highlights.  I truly love working in watercolor because to me it is so forgiving and the way I can manipulate the paint with light washes until I get the result I am looking for is very satisfying. I have found that if the drawing is good when you start then the chances are that your final painting will be successful. I always work from very light and then add washes to give the painting depth. 

©Ansota

7 comments:

  1. Seriously stunning! I am in awe of your talents! Water colours scare me, I really have no idea how to use them... you clearly do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.......Your talent with watercolors is awesome.....I could sit and look at your work all day....It's incredible.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the kind comments Jenny and Nancy. I haven't been working a lot in watercolors but have been working from the one to the other medium, mostly acrylics which has a different approach when you paint but I do feel that watercolors allows me more freedom and I think it likes me too. I love drawing although I struggle sometimes to balance my drawings well. I am self-taught and jumping from the one medium to the other and experimenting all the time. I appreciate your feed back on my work so much! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phenomenal!
    Really beautiful, congratulations!

    Good evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! I so admire the way you can work with watercolors. This eye is so wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all the inspiring comments everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails