“To find your creative muse you have to go to a place within yourself where no one else has ever been. Experiment, brake the rules, make mistakes, grow and most of all ... Have fun while doing it! Don't wait for inspiration to come to you .. go out and find it.Never loose the child within you because within the child you will find your imagination. Be creative and be inspired and you will live a life filled with wonderful creative blessings."

Please visit my new blog.

Please visit my new blog.
Get inspired and learn an easy way to keep an art journal.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Everyday Matters

I recently came across the blog of Danny Gregory and his work inspired me so much that I decided that I am going to move away from the way I have been journaling for two years now and do it the way he is doing it. For those of you who do not know him please do yourself a favor and visit his blog and read his story. It is heartwarming and very inspiring indeed and if you can get your hands on some of his books or even all of them it will be a treasure you can keep and work from. 














Here are some of my pages I did so far. I didn't like the way the watercolors reacted to the first two pages I did so I quickly made a little journal with watercolor papers and did my first sketch in my new book today. I used an old moleskine cover and simply made some signatures and placed them inside this little sketchbook which I ruined by the way hence for using the cover and getting rid of the inside by replacing it with nice thick and yummy watercolor paper. It is small enough to go with me in my handbag and I must admit that journaling the things around me gives me so much pleasure. I am not trying to make art I am simply trying to journal with illustrations about my daily life. Like Danny says "Everyday matters" so just draw and illustrate wherever you are, whatever is in front of you and feel how it helps to change the way you look at life. It's liberating!


4 comments:

  1. Your drawings are so amazing! I'm inspired!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your illustrations are really lovely, I would love to do something like this but feel I can never find the time. Must watch less TV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Marilyn Rock .. Hope you will find it as inspirational as I do Marilyn

    @ Ophelia .. Thank you so much!

    @ Serendipitychild .. Thank you for the visit and the comment. The TV can really eat away the hours and it is so easy to procrastinate in front if the little box :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've known Danny Gregory's work for years, and I think it was when I first saw the pages from your watercolor journal that you reminded me of him. I tried illustrating my everyday life, but the results were so kindergardenish that I gave up. What you are doing is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails