“To find your creative muse you have to go to a place within yourself where no one else has ever been. Experiment, brake the rules, make mistakes, grow and most of all ... Have fun while doing it! Don't wait for inspiration to come to you .. go out and find it.Never loose the child within you because within the child you will find your imagination. Be creative and be inspired and you will live a life filled with wonderful creative blessings."

Please visit my new blog.

Please visit my new blog.
Get inspired and learn an easy way to keep an art journal.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday, 22 February 2009




I had this vision of a flying angel I wanted to paint this morning when I woke up and I wanted to do it in a very naive childlike style but after the second attempt I gave up and decided to focus on something totally different. I remembered this wooden cross that has been laying in my cupboard for months now screaming for some paint and thought I would give it a go. This is the end product. I first covered it with gesso and gause which I cut into small pieces. I then did some coloring with oil pastels all over the cross. I dipped a brush into artists spirits and washed the cross and the way the colors of the pastels then mixed into all the grooves and texture the gesso and gause made gives it an almost antique iron-like look. I glued some embellishments on and wallah ! I am sure I will find a spot to hang it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails